28.10.12

Kaleidoscope Effect - Device # 1


Alvin Langdon Coburn

Vortograph is the first completely abstract kind of photograph, shot through the prism of three pieces of glass, splitting the image into segments, creating strange and wonderful distortions.
Alvin Langdon Coburn invented vortography in 1917 and remained the principal advocate and practitioner of the technique.







I am really interested in this technique, it reminds me in a way the collage I made with the fragments. I decided to make an object and attach it on my phone in order to do something similar, I want to be able to take pictures and get the same effect as the one you get when you see the collage with all the perspectives.










Testing Time









I am not satisfied with the outcome I wanted the triangles to be bigger so that you get a better view, I think there's too much going on in the pictures and its a little bit confusing.
On the other hand I am pleased that there is the esthetics of perspectives due to the kaleidoscope effect.


No comments:

Post a Comment